Flu shots have arrived!
Walk-in flu vaccine clinics will be held on Saturday October 9th and Saturday October 23rd from 9am-2pm inside the office. No appointment is necessary for the walk-in clinic.
If you are unable to attend a flu vaccine clinic, you can call or text us at (619)-222-1253 to schedule a nursing visit. If your child or their sibling has an upcoming visit, they can receive their flu vaccine at that time.
Below you can find some important information to address any questions you may have:
- We use Sanofi Fluzone quadrivalent (0.5mL). The same dose is given for all ages
- It is preservative-free
- We do not offer Flumist
- Flu shots can be given starting at six months old
- If your child is under nine and has never had a flu vaccine (or has only had one in the past), they will need a booster at least four weeks after the first dose (can be longer than 28 days but not sooner)
- The flu shot can be given to pregnant women
- If you or your child has an egg allergy, it is still recommended that you receive the flu vaccine; however, you will need to be observed for 15 minutes following administration
- Can be given to parents with PPO or Tricare insurance (not active duty)
- Out-of-network patients or parents can opt for a $30 cash pay option
Thank you, we hope to see you soon!